Congratulations to Power2Switch!!
February 2, 2011 § Leave a comment
We’re actually congratulating ourselves. A bit immodest but one needs to do these things once in a while. And we have good reason to. Three good reasons. Actually five but we’ll have to wait to share the other two.
What we can share is that January was good for us in terms of customer signups (and savings for our customers), product improvement and accolades.
– Customers: We’re saving 9 franchise locations over $25,000/year on their electricity bills
– Product improvement: We’re working on product development to develop our energy monitoring and management portal. Part of that product development ties into the first accolade we received.
– Accolades: We got selected into the Illinois Smart Grid Cluster. It’s a select group of companies and we are proud to be associated with the Illinois Institute of technology, OH-Community Partners and the Clean Energy Trust. press release can be read here http://www.power2switch.com/news/
– Accolades: And speaking of the Clean Energy Trust, we also got selected to present at the Clean Energy Trust Challenge finals on the 3rd of March. Over 70 applications were received and 10 finalists were selected. The press release can be found here http://eon.businesswire.com/news/eon/20110125006948/en/Clean-Energy-Trust-Announces-Finalists-Clean-Energy and we’re in good company http://www.cleanenergytrust.org/events/finalists/. The event will be held as part of the Midwest Alternative Venture Forum of the Polsky Center for Entrepreneurship (where we’ve been incubated for the last year and a half).
We’re super pumped about the progress we’re making! More news to come soon!!
- Illinois Smart Grid Regional Innovation Cluster Announces Selection of Companies for Innovation Acceleration Platform (prnewswire.com)
- 10 Smart Grid Trends from Distributech (gigaom.com)